lunes, 5 de mayo de 2014

Un poco de costura y una duda / A little bit of sewing and a doubt

Buenos días! ¿Qué tal han ido el fin de semana? espero que lo hayáis pasado muy bien. Hoy quería enseñaros unas cuantas cositas que he estado haciendo algunos días festivos de Pascua y a ratos durante fines de semana:

Good morning! How about your weekend? I hope you've enjoyed it. Today I'd like to show you some things I've been doing some feast days in Easter and some mornings/afternoons during the weekends:

Primero me hice un collar con la cadena de un bolso que daban hace tiempo en una revista (no me gustaba el bolso pero conservé la cadena), un trocito de tela de la que compré en la Feria Creativa, dos perlas que iban de adorno en un par de pendientes y que me gustaban más sin ellas, una cuenta de otro collar y reciclé la guata de una corbata vieja y este es el resultado:

First I made a necklace with the chain of a bag given with a magazine some time ago (I didn't like the bag but kept the chain), a piece of fabric bought in Creative Fair, two fake pearls which were part of a pair of earrings that I liked most without them, a bead from another necklace and I recycled the light batting from an old tie and this is the result: 


Y también he estado dándole a la aguja acabando el top del quilt Cadena Irlandesa, mide 1.30 m x 1.77 m. Todo cosido a mano excepto los nine patch que opté por hacerlos de una manera más fácil llevando a coser a máquina las tiras para luego cortarlas formando el nine patch. Lo acolcharé cuando llegue el otoño.

And I've been sewing finishing the Irish chain quilt top, the size is 1.30 m x 1.77 m. It's all sewn by hand except by the 9 patch which I preferred to bring the strips to a woman to machine sewn them and then I cut them sewing them in the 9 patch. I'll start quilting it in autumm.


Y aquí viene mi duda respecto al siguiente quilt cortado y listo para hacer. Voy a hacer un quilt con el patrón llamado "jardín de la abuela" y como siempre mi gran duda es la combinación de colores. Aquí tenéis la foto de los hexágonos ya cortados y sobre la tela de base. El número en boli azul es el número de hexágonos y he puesto una letra para poder identificar las telas. A todas las amantes del patchwork ¿sugerencias? ¿opiniones? cualquier ayuda es más que bienvenida. Gracias!

And now my doubt referring to my next quilt already cut and ready to sew. I'm going to sew a quilt with the "Grandmother's garden" pattern and as always my big doubt is the colour combination. Here you have the hexies photograph already cut and on the solid fabric. the number in blue pen is the number of hexies and I've written a letter to be able to identify the fabrics. To all quilting fans please any suggestions? opinions? any help would be more than welcome. Thanks!



2 comentarios:

  1. for the hexies I would put either a dark or light center surrounded by fabric of one color choice - you could do some with dark centers and some with light centers - just mix them up. Love your Irish Chain, it looks so nice and neatly put together. The necklace is very pretty also -

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Karen! I'm very bad at combining fabrics (I really would like to do a little course about this topic because I think it's essential. I've seen quilts with a lot of sewing involved but very bad colour combination which in my opinion ruins the final work which is a pity). Many thanks for your suggestion, I'm very grateful for your quick reply and....there I go!. We'll see the final result (and I had said I wouldn't try hexies again!! jajaja). Thank you very much for your compliments to my Irish Chain quilt I tried to do my best and about the necklace. You're very kind. Love!

      Eliminar

¡Gracias por vuestros comentarios, me encanta leerlos!/ Thanks for your comments, I love reading them!